Life is busy. As an owner of my own business, I hardly have time to make intricate dishes that take both labor and time. Here is an example of something I eat on a daily basis to keep my mind and body satisfied. It consists of protein, carbohydrates, healthy fats, and lots of veggies. More specifically, notice my plate is 1/4 protein, 1/4 starch, and 1/2 veggies.
As many of my clients know, I put a huge emphasis on balance in not only lifestyle and eating habits, but meals, too! This is ideally what one’s plate should always look like. Tonight I made lemon shrimp with spinach, steamed broccoli, and paprika “potato chips.”
This is not only generally healthful but FODMAP Elimination Diet-friendly.
- A few cups of shrimp (around 30 pc) peeled and deveined (tails off)
- Lemon zest, about ½ lemon
- Lemon juice, ¼ lemon
- Dash of paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter or non-dairy butter spread (I used Earth Balance)
- In a skillet (I don't prefer non-stick), heat up the olive oil on medium-to-medium-high heat.
- Throw in the shrimp, paprika, and lemon zest. Sauté for two min until the shrimp starts to turn pink.
- Add lemon zest and butter. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes until shrimp is a little browned.