Cauliflower Chickpea patties
Start cooking Ayurvedically with this simple, nutritious and delicious vegetarian recipe!
Please Note: that ingredients can be swapped as needed. For example the chickpeas can be swapped for yellow split lentils as an alternative.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
Course: EntreeCuisine: Vegetarian Author: Dora Daily
- 1 head cauliflower florets broken apart
- 1 can Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 Bell pepper diced small
- 1 Onion Diced small
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 cup Panko
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil or steam cauliflower until soft.
- Saute onion and bell pepper over low heat until soft.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute or so.
- In a large bowl, smash chickpeas up well with a fork or the bottom of a cup.
- Add cauliflower and smash up as well.
- Add all other ingredients and stir until combined.
- The mix should be wet but come together in a ball without falling apart.
- Carefully make a ball in your hands with the mix. I did mine a little bigger than a golf ball.
- Press ball between hands to make a patty.
- Place patty on oiled pan or baking dish.
- Continue with the rest of the mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flip the patties. and bake for another 20 minutes or until browned.